I made this quinoa salad for a family dinner a few nights ago. The variety of textures make it super tasty and fun to eat. Eating’s supposed to be fun in the mouth, isn’t it? Answer: yes. The sweet and savory thang goin’ on up in here is also real delish. Stock that pantry with some quinoa and have at it, kids! Highly recommended for BBQz.
Adapted from dis recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, diced [the tarter, the better]
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the quinoa according to package directions- cook until fluffy (about 20 mins) and set aside.
2. Sauté the onion, garlic, and carrot in the olive oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent and begin to brown.
Serve warm or chilled! Keeps well in the fridge 2-3 days.