Hi folks of the internet!
I write to you through my computer with laryngitis and a pile of work up to my nostrils. For these reasons things have been rather slow on the blog. SORRY I’M NOT SORRY.
The next few days will be packed with fun-filled activities like finishing my Russian term paper on the Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg, studying statistics, reading an entire book on the sociology behind meat-packing (uhhh), and learning (no, not “re-learning”-learning) everything we did since the last exam in my finance class. I will also be packing up my apartment, saying goodbye to friends for nine months, and (hopefully) finding and signing a lease on a new apartment to live in next year. All before the 23rd. EEEK. In other news, here’s my TND (Tuesday Night Dinner) from last week with my sister, Jenny. Mad delish. Possibility for this week if I can get enough work done tomorrow evening. Otherwise it’s PB&J. Okay, it’s looking a lot like PB&J.
Sweet Potato Chickpea Aloo Dum Curry with Mango
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 inch of ginger, minced
- 1 Tablespoon coriander
- 1 Tablespoon funnel seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango (optional)
1. In a medium pan, heat oil until sizzling then add onion and chopped sweet potato. Fry over medium heat until the potatoes are cooked all the way through. Add the spices, tomato paste, water, chickpeas, and mango. Reduce heat and allow to simmer 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if necessary.