“One Fine Day” Millet/Lentil Salad with Scallions & Marjoram
(With dat Sriracha on top, yo)
Easy to whip up, nutritious, and real, real tasty.
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 1/2 cup uncooked lentils
- 1 large carrot, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1. Cook one cup of millet in a pot with ~3 cups of water until tender (20-25 mins). Drain. 2. Cook lentils in a pot with 2-3 cups water or vegetable stock (15-20 mins). When the lentils are almost tender, add the chopped carrot and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until they are also soft. Drain the lentils and carrots. 3. Combine millet, lentils, carrots, and all of the other ingredients and spices in a large bowl. Mix well and serve hot! Awesome topped with a splash of hot sauce and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds for crunch.