Vegan recipes. Omnivorous appeal.
by Izzy Darby
Mandarin Orange, Pecan, & Cranberry Spinach Salad
Light, flavorful salad for warm summer night dinners on the back deck.
- 6-8 cups spinach
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Sweet & Tangy Balsamic Dressing:
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- a dash of salt & pepper
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until mixed. Add the salad ingredients to a large salad bowl and dress with the Sweet & Tangy Balsamic just before serving!