Fourth way to love a chickpea. Insane hummus craze for the last few weeks. Can’t buy veggies and pita fast enough. Resorting to spoons.
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 Tablespoons tahini [go buy it. it’s great.]
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, zested
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of salt, or to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend 3-5 minutes, until all chickpeas are well mashed and the hummus is smooth.
Garnish with paprika and serve with sliced carrots, cukes, or warm pita.