Finally! At long last, the 11th way to love a chickpea! Brings a twinkling tear to my eye.
These little nugs can be used to shovel hummus into your mouth. Not that my hands don’t work just fine for that.
Adapted from Ashley’s recipe
- 2 cans chickpeas (about 4 cups cooked)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 slice of whole grain bread, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for the pan (vegetable, olive etc)
1. Food process the chickpeas, garlic, onion, carrot, bread, parsley and spices. If you’re ghetto like me you can also use a can to mush up the chickpeas and skip the food processing for a more textured falafel.
2. Combine mixture in a bowl with cooked quinoa. Stir well to combine.
3. Heat 1-2 Tablespoons of oil in a medium skillet. Form small patties with your hands and place in skillet. Cook each patty 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden and crisped. Place on paper towel to drain any excess oil and serve!